Chuck is an experienced litigator with a national reputation. He has litigated major commercial and intellectual property disputes in 38 states and has tried cases to finality in 19 states across the country.Chuck started his career at Lewis and Roca in Phoenix, and most recently was an Executive Committee member of Armstrong Teasdale, an AmLaw 200 law firm with offices throughout the United States and Great Britain.
Chuck is licensed in Arizona, Colorado, Iowa and numerous Federal District and Federal Circuit Courts of Appeals across the country. His representations include:
- Numerous representations involving technology rights, whether in the form of statutory claims, licensing or contract disputes, warranty claims, tort claims, or IP claims.
- Numerous cases defending clients accused of consumer fraud, whether by individual plaintiffs, in class actions, or in actions brought by state attorneys’ general.
- Contract disputes of all kinds, including contracts involving products, services and real property.
- Clients will often retain Chuck when a commercial case is likely to go to trial. Of his 60 plus trials, Chuck has tried seven cases lasting a month or longer, some with hundreds of millions of dollars at stake.
- Chuck represented Qwest Communications in a case of first impression involving access stimulation. The ultimate successful decision had an industry wide impact in the billions of dollars and led to the Federal Communications Commission enacting new rules prohibiting the conduct.
- Chuck is routinely brought into cases shortly before trial to assist with either settlement negotiations or to try the case.
Chuck started his professional career as an aerospace engineer for McDonnell Douglas designing military fighter aircraft. Clients routinely praise Chuck for his ability to take complex and technical facts and simplify them in a manner that judges and juries easily understand.
Chuck has been married to his lovely wife Jamie since 1996. They love being outside in the beautiful Arizona sunshine and spending time with their three amazing sons.